8.10.2013

(review) Covet by Melissa Darnell

Covet by Melissa Darnell
Series: The Clann #2
Release date: October 1st 2012
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Pages: 304
Source: Bought (ebook)
Rating: ★★★★


Dangerous to be together. Painful to be apart. Savannah Colbert knows she broke up with Tristan Coleman for the right reasons. Most of all, to keep from killing him with her new vampire abilities. But try telling her heart. Now, lost in a sea of hostile Clann faces, Sav tries to come to terms with what she's becoming and what that means for her future. And that someone is doing their best to bully her into making a terrible mistake. Tristan can't believe Sav won't even talk to him. If being apart is her decision, fine. Just don't expect him to honor it. But even as he prepares to fight for the girl he loves, forces beyond their control take them both in directions neither could have foreseen or prepared for. A reckoning is coming...and not everyone will survive.



And they did it again. Look at the cover! she looks like Lisa D'Amato from ANTM, which means she looks nothing like Savannah. The girl on the cover is too damn old to be our main character, and it ruined my imagination of Sav. I prefer the AU ver.

I don't know whether the first book or this one is better, but the one I know for sure is that Covet is really tight with events. Many things happened in Covet and I'm a bit tired in the process but I manage to get through. The second book starts right at the end of the first, where Tristan, Sav, and her dad arrived back home from Paris (it's Paris, right?) and they broke up. And then it's about Tristan convincing Sav and Sav pulling back from him. We're also introduced to Ron and Anne! and they're really cute even though they're not really a couple.

 The conflicts felt really tiring that in one point I felt like dropping the book, But after reading it through, it was all worth it. Some people may not like this book (well, everything has an anti-fan) but I am definitely a fan! I really enjoy how the story flows. In some scenes it felt as if I was watching a movie (like the last battle and... Others that I can't remember) which is good on my opinion. Absolutely can't wait for the last book!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!