1.30.2014

(review) Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi

Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi
Series: Under the Never Sky #2
Release date: January 8th 2013
Publisher: Harper Collins
Pages: 341
Source: Bought (Paperback)



It's been months since Aria learned of her mother's death. 

Months since Perry became Blood Lord of the Tides, and months since Aria last saw him.

Now Aria and Perry are about to be reunited. It's a moment they've been longing for with countless expectations. And it's a moment that lives up to all of them. At least, at first.

Then it slips away. The Tides don't take kindly to former Dwellers like Aria. And the tribe is swirling out of Perry's control. With the Aether storms worsening every day, the only remaining hope for peace and safety is the Still Blue. But does this haven truly exist? Threatened by false friends and powerful temptations, Aria and Perry wonder, Can their love survive through the ever night?

In this second book in her spellbinding Under the Never Sky trilogy, Veronica Rossi combines fantasy and sci-fi elements to create a captivating adventure—a love story as perilous as it is unforgettable.



I read this book last year and I made a review of it, yet my English was even worse before. And I want to rewrite my review in better English, so here it goes. (The original review was posted on January 11th 2013)

LOVE. That is the first thought that came to my mind after I finished reading this book. Through the Ever Night started just where Under the never Sky left off. Perry and Aria was reunited, but it wasn't their happy ending yet. Dwellers such as Aria wasn't really welcomed by the outsiders. Now that Perry is the Blood Lord or leader of the Tides, he had to maintain his people's trust. And to be able to do that, he could not be seen together with a Dweller in a romantic way, even with them being in one tribe yet separated, there are still acts of treachery appeared withing the Tides. Not enough with one conflict, the Aether storms are acting even more terrifying. The only way to survive it all is to find the Still Blue, and on the way, Aria was bound to save her friends and fellow Dwellers who are trapped inside a now abandoned Reverie.

For months I've been searching for books that worth my five stars, and at last I found it. While some other readers claimed that the first book was better than this one, I disagreed. Maybe it's because of the almost-one-year gap between the two books that I had forgotten how it was, I don't know. If you read my review of the first book, you'd know that I was struggling with the writing style, but now it felt perfect! The pace might get a bit rushed at some point, but I was so excited reading this book that I didn't mind about it too much.

I loved Perry and Aria's romance enough to hate Kirra and Brooke. You don't know how glad I am that it doesn't turn out to be a triangle love, hate that. Kirra is one of the antagonists, not the main one but she's still a bitch. And Brooke! I kind of understand that it is normal to dislike someone who had captured your crush's (or love? Ex?) heart, but does she really need to utter those nasty words? no, and for that, I am officially disliking you, ms. Brooke. Unfortunately my misery doesn't end there. Roar... the one I am falling with are broken! If only I could be inside this book and save him from his misery.

Overall, Through the Ever Night was a really delicious page turner. Hate the cliff hanger, hate the more waiting, But love this book either way. Totally recommended!

Rating:
5 EYES OPEN (5/5)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!