3.05.2014

(review) Unite by Jamie Campbell

Unite by Jamie Campbell
Series: Project Integrate #1
Release date: December 3rd 2013
Publisher: Self-published
Pages: 289
Source: netgalley



United They Stand. 

Seventeen years ago an entire generation of aliens were sent to Earth in order to save their home planet and integrate into the human population. Now, those aliens are being hunted. 

Amery Jones is your typical teenager, except for the fact she is an alien and a member of the government's secret Project Integrate. 

When Amery's best friend Lola is kidnapped in order to get to her, there is only one person that can help - the exceedingly annoying and charming Lochie Mercury. 

Together, Amery and Lochie must put aside their differences and attraction in order to rescue Lola before it's too late. 
Unite is unique in lots of ways, and I am really sad that I didn't like this book as much as I expect myself to.

From the outside, you would think that Amery Jones is our regular teenager. But there's more to it than that. Amery is not even a human. She's an alien, chosen to live her whole life on Earth as a member of the government's project, Project Integrate. It's a project where the aliens integrate with the human population in order to be able to live side by side, since their home planet is on danger. But things didn't go that well, now the aliens were hunted. Even worst, now they got Amery's human best friend Lola in order to get to her. 

I was really intrigued by the blurb. It was really interesting, all those things about aliens and hunters and cute romance. But then, why the two stars? It's definitely not the plot nor the characters. It was the writing style. I don't know why the writing style didn't pull me at all. Even with all those exciting story line and amazing characters, I just can't help but fall asleep mid-chapter. And I am so sorry, Jamie Campbell, I didn't mean to bring you down or something. That is actually the main reason why this book didn't pull me, it's a tiny thing yet it's big for me. I am all for page turners. 

But despite that, I do love Amery and her nemesis slash future lover, Lochie Mercury. It's the type of romance where the two individuals were always fighting each other and then they actually fall in love with each other, a bit typical but sweet nonetheless. I love the romance! they are really cute. One of my favorite thing about Unite is actually when Amery and Lochie are arguing. It was funny and cute at the same time!

Still overall I am a bit disappointed that this book didn't turn out that well for me. I don't think I would search for the sequel...

Rating:
2 EYES OPEN (2/5)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!