8.08.2016

[Review] Armageddon by Christina Bauer

Armageddon 
by Christina Bauer
Series: Angelbound #3
Publisher: Ink Monster LLC
Source: Netgalley (ebook)

ive years have passed since Myla Lewis last fought gladiator-style in Purgatory's Arena. Now, she’s fighting again, only this time in Hell. And the stakes have never been higher. The demon King of Hell, Armageddon, has kidnapped Myla and Lincoln’s young son, Maxon.

In the wake of Maxon’s abduction, all the after-realms calling for war, and no one shouts louder than Lincoln. Myla knows that a war against Hell will cost millions of lives, so she devises her own plan, involving a small attack team and a secret entrance to Hell. Will Myla save Maxon, or will her child and all the after-realms fall to Armageddon?


I finished this book quite a (long) while ago (like months, or a year?) and I just realised that I haven't posted any review of it. It might have slipped in my mind somewhere, (deeply deeply! sorry about that) I received a copy of this book in exchange of an honest review.

This book started far after the last instalment ends. Our favourite protagonists Myla and Lincoln is now happily married with a third year old son Maxon! as a super fan of the series since the beginning, I was a little worried about the new setting and with Myla being the queen and all and that she might be less of a warrior, but thank heavens no. When the king of Hell kidnapped their son? Major ass kicking ahead. I shouldn't be worried at all.

The characters had developed so much since the last book, and for the better. Myla and Lincoln is still amazing together, and Maxon, adorable little Maxon is going to steal your heart with just a few paragraphs of him playing around. I do miss the previous supporting characters though.

I have to say my most favourite thing about this book-and the previous ones really- had to be the writing style, it was flawless and so easy to understand. With a few chapters I am completely hooked, and the plot was no less amazing too. The pace was quite fast that I might have devoured this book in less than a day.

Overall, I would totally recommend this book, although you might want to start from the beginning to understand the story. Still love the first book better but love this one nonetheless.

Rating:
4 EYES OPEN (5/5)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!