1.03.2017

[Review] Talon by Carian Cole

Talon
by Carian Cole
Publisher: CreateSpace
Published: November 23rd 2015

DESCRIBE YOUR IDEAL PARTNER:

Caring. Hard-working. A devoted family man, loves kids.
Clean cut, funny, smart, quiet, but a good communicator.

~ Asia Jenson

DESCRIBE YOUR IDEAL PARTNER:

Independent. Tall, blonde, sexy. Outgoing. Intelligent,
neat. Unslutty. Confident. Loves to travel. Committed.

~ Talon Valentine

A SOCIAL EXPERIMENT.

The concept was scary but exciting...

Marry a total stranger.

Live together for six months.

Journal everything. (Feelings. Fights. All of it.)

After six months, we each get $50K in trade for our journals, whether we stay married or not. But the goal is to commit to the experience and see if the relationship experts could put together the perfect matches.

I have never been lucky in love. This was my chance to find my soulmate.

I couldn’t wait to meet the man the experts felt was perfect for me.

My hopes were immediately dashed when I saw him at the altar.

Shit. I married my worst nightmare.

Right?!

** can be read as a stand-alone! **

[This review were originally uploaded in Goodreads on December 2015]
Ok let me start by saying how I am totally recommending this book to you guys who loved contemporary romance. I finished reading this book a few hours ago and I'm still not over it.

The whole concept of the novel itself was really interesting for me. When I found this on Goodreads I was like HELLS YEAH. I've been craving for these page turners for I don't even know how long and when I finally started reading one chapter of this book I am completely hooked. Our protagonists didn't meet under normal circumstances, Asia is this beautiful lavender-eyed girl who is struggling with intense abandonment issues, and on top of that she had to survive living in a ghetto due to money issues. And then there's our guy Talon. He was basically a slut (emphasis on was), so bad that he's actually branded #cockstar. Yes, I'm not making it up. Talon is the guitarist of Ashes & Embers. Known to be super hot with his long mane and tats all over his delicious body, but of course despite his exterior he's actually really sweet. Like seriously, I need my own Talon. And as you would probably know from the blurb, they are set to be together for this social experiment. Get married to a total stranger for six months, note down all of your feelings and everything, live as if you are really married and earn crapload of money by the end of it, either you get divorced or stay married by the end that's your choice. If that doesn't pique your interest I don't know what will.

The whole story had been so amazing! loved every second of it. Despite their differences Asia and Talon had always have that chemistry. They are just so friggin cute together. I wouldn't say any of those insta-love thing happening here since I do feel how the romance had smoothly grew between them. And the writing style, I don't even know where to start, everything is just so smooth to me. Nothing is forced, nothing is overly talked about, hell I'm even a fan of the conflict and how they solved it. And by the end of the book? the story about the real Talon and Asia (the author's cats) simply breaks my heart. So thank you Carian Cole, for both making me happy and leaving me in this teary and snotty mess. You earned another superfan here.

I might sound as if I'm exaggerating this but that's simply how I felt. I've come through some of those novels that I simply can't let go and just wished I could reverse time just to read it again, and Talon is one of them. Totally. Recommended. I haven't read the other books in the series but now there's no question that I will.


Rating


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!